Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday!!!

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I have already seen so many fantastic books featured on other bloggers WOW's I am just dying to be able to go without sleep so I can read all these books. But I decided to check out the new crop of debuts and see what I could find.


Gilded by Christina Farley
Releases: March 1, 2014
Goodreads-Sixteen-year-old Jae Hwa Lee is a Korean-American girl with a black belt, a deadly proclivity with steel-tipped arrows, and a chip on her shoulder the size of Korea itself. When her widowed dad uproots her to Seoul from her home in L.A., Jae thinks her biggest challenges will be fitting in to a new school and dealing with her dismissive Korean grandfather. Then she discovers that a Korean demi-god, Haemosu, has been stealing the soul of the oldest daughter of each generation in her family for centuries. And she's next.

But that’s not Jae’s only problem.

There's also Marc. Irresistible and charming, Marc threatens to break the barriers around Jae's heart. As the two grow closer, Jae must decide if she can trust him. But Marc has a secret of his own—one that could help Jae overturn the curse on her family for good. It turns out that Jae's been wrong about a lot of things: her grandfather is her greatest ally, even the tough girl can fall in love, and Korea might just be the home she's always been looking for.

Let's see, family curse, diverse culture, romance. Yep, thinking it's going to help balance all the Sci-Fi coming out this year. Just what I need!

I found a great website with a lot of debut authors on it if you want to take a look for inspiration- OneFourKidLit . Check out all the awesome authors and information. You are going to spend hours there like I did, I bet!

What are you waiting on Wednesday for??? Leave your links or if I know you, I know how to find you!

Stay warm and safe!

17 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book before. Korea, you say? That's definitely new. :) Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one sounds awesome, Heather! I know almost next to nothing about Korea. Putting this one on my tbr pile. Really looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard much about this one but hope you get to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH this looks cool! And it is a new book for me. Which is my favorite kind. This meme is responsible for my TBR pile getting out of control. haha oh well.

    Happy Reading!

    My WoW

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. I like the cool cover. I hope you get a chance to review it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think that bird is on the front?? Reminded me of a griffin. I was hoping it would be mentioned. It was another thing that caught my eye.

      Delete
  6. This looks really cool, Heather! Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you have some gorgeous Historical on your blog. I have to head over there. The last few have gone straight to my pre order

      Delete
  7. This does sound very interesting. Love that cover too. Oh I need to wish for this one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This day is very hard on me. Not only do I look at all the other WOW's and add to my Wish List, but I had to go through so many books that got added to that list. It's killing me!!

      Delete
  8. Oooo this sounds fantastic Heather, and it's completely new to me so YAY! A huge yes to the three things you mentioned, though of course the romance is what appeals to me most. I can't help it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone in that Jenny. Sounds like the romance plays a big part in this one! Hope it is a good one!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Sure, I bet I'll "love the cover" on yours too!

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this one at all, Heather, but it sounds like something I'd LOVE. I'm always on the lookout for diversity in literature, so hopefully the author really plays up the protagonist's unique heritage. Thanks for putting this on my radar, dear, and great pick this Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Diversity is difficult to find, but there is a website that lists Diverse authors and/or books. Diversity in YA maybe? I have to get the email to know the site. But I am trying to add some diversity. I'm tired of the white girl/boy romance. Let's mix it up authors!!

      Delete
  11. Great pick! Sounds like a great story. I love that cover too. My WOW post is here if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva