Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WOW- Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here is what I can't wait to read!



Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn
Available June 24, 2014
St. Martin's Griffin
From Goodreads-

Two years ago, fifteen-year-old Jamie Henry breathed a sigh of relief when a judge sentenced his older sister to juvenile detention for burning down their neighbor's fancy horse barn. The whole town did. Because Crazy Cate Henry used to be a nice girl. Until she did a lot of bad things. Like drinking. And stealing. And lying. Like playing weird mind games in the woods with other children. Like making sure she always got her way. Or else.

But today Cate got out. And now she’s coming back for Jamie.

Because more than anything, Cate Henry needs her little brother to know this one simple truth: she’s not the crazy one and never has been.

He is.


I gotta know, what's going on??? 

So, what are you guys waiting for??? Share your links with me!!
And don't forget to enter my giveaway for Fire and Ice!






16 comments:

  1. WHA?! Now that's a blurb! I totally fell for the..."now she is after him." I'm also very intrigued. I've got to read her debut novel too which won the Morris Award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I mean what is going on??? I am so excited about this one!!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like quite a thriller. hope that you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll probably have to wait for the book to come out, but that's okay! Think I'll want my own copy. Just please let it live up to that blurb!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! I was drawn to about a million MG books yesterday looking for a book to post, but then I found this one and I was like, that is my book!

      Delete
  4. Oh looks interesting... hm... Hope you get it and let me know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have four months to ponder on that blurb. I'll try to figure it out and be totally wrong. But who cares! It'll be fun to try to guess!

      Delete
  5. I HAVE to read this book. This is the first I'm hearing of it. Maybe we can read this and have a little book club when I come down to visit this summer. It comes out in June. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were going somewhere else! Sounds good to me. Maybe I can round up a couple of other bloggers around here. Have a little get together down in Charlotte!

      Delete
    2. We were but we changed it from the summer to Christmas, so I will be down there for about a week. Yay! A blogger get together would be fun. One is in the works for April. When I have more details I'll let you know.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed Kuehn's debut, Charm & Strange which was completely different from anything else I'd read, but utterly accessible at the same time. I have an ARC of this one waiting to be read and I'll hopefully get to it soon. I'm very excited about finding out what's going on as well...the synopsis really does a great job of hooking the reader in, as does the cover. Wonderful pick this week, Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have got to tell me if you like it!! PLEASE!!

      Delete
  7. This book looks amazing. Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I can't wait to read this book, i know I will love it. Good Books To Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a review Justin, it's just a highlight of a book that's coming out. WOW- waiting on Wednesday this one comes out in June. But uh, thanks?

      Delete
  8. So, so excited for this book, too. Her previous novel CHARM AND STRANGE was so weird and wonderful that I just know this one's going to be fantastic as well. Thanks for the peek at the cover and synopsis!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva