Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday

A meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine  where bloggers and book lovers share with each other the books they are just dying to read!!

Here's mine!!

Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little
Release date- November 4, 2014
HarperCollins
Goodreads-  FORBIDDEN is a sweepingly epic and sensuous novel, a story of peer pressure and cults set against the ancient art of belly dance, in which 16-year-old Jayden’s faith and character is tested to their limits, even death, as she watches her family and the world around her fall apart. 

Betrothed to the tribal leader's son, Jayden is blackmailed over the murder of their beloved leader when he is found poisoned, all while hiding her forbidden love of Kadesh, a stranger from the secret frankincense lands. 

The Goddess temples of Ashtoreth may be Jayden’s only escape, even though the allure of the sexual rites tempt the women of the desert to turn their back on everything they hold sacred.

Jayden must undertake a deadly journey to save the ones she loves—and find a true love for herself.


Okay, so I've been on a cultural kick lately. Anything but my culture! There is something about the lure of belly dancing....I've wanted to take lessons. Anyone else??? I think it sounds a little strange to say "set against the ancient art of belly dance" but I still can't resist this one. It sounds like tents in the Sahara and "allure of the sexual rites tempt the women of the desert". Wait does anyone know if this is YA??? 

What are you waiting to read??? Please share with me!! I find the best books for my wish list on Waiting on Wednesdays!! This is my favorite meme!! Leave your links or I'll find you through your blog button!

                                                    Have a rockin' Wednesday!!

16 comments:

  1. This one reminds me of Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst which I absolutely LOVED. I was going to ask if this was YA or not, but it definitely sounds great. Goodreads has it listed as both. *Shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, actually, I was going to ask in my post if anyone knew if it was YA, but I guess I trusted Goodreads. Lets hope it's YA, I am not much for reading sex scenes.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard much about this one, but I def liked the cover. Hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh snap, this book sounds amaze-balls. Adding it to my goodreads. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Two circles and a snap! Let's hope it's good!!

      Delete
  4. Ummmm yes, please! I don't absolutely love the cover, but the premise sounds really dang good. Wonderful pick this week, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, let's hope so!! No, the cover doesn't give a lot away. It's a bit blah even if it's a rich color and a pretty girl, I'm kind of over those covers.

      Delete
  5. Yeah what exactly does "set against the art of belly dance" mean? Still I haven't read a belly dancer book so I am all for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's find out!! Belly dancing fascinates me. So does hula dancing. I cannot move my hips like that. But I really find it puts me in a trance watching them.

      Delete
  6. It definitely sounds interesting :) I don't think I've heard of any other books basically set around belly dancing...Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very interesting concept, right? I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  7. Oh this sounds interesting. Belly dancing? I don't think I would have the grace for it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have the belly for it, if you need a belly. I definitely have the hips. If you have to close your eyes, I'm a goner. LOL

      Delete
  8. Oh yes Heather, me too! So excited for this book, but I have to be honest and say I have zero desire to take belly dancing lessons because I KNOW they would be an epic disaster for me. Graceful and rhythmic I am not:) If I had an ounce of dancing ability in me though, I'd be all over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, they are a big thing around here. A woman's empowerment kind of thing. Kind of throwing it in the face of the stripper pole dancing. So I've been thinking about taking a class. I am no dancer. But they say you don't have to be and no size or age or ability. Apparently it's really fun. And great for your abs. Can't think of anything funner to work my abs than dancing!!

      Delete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva