Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WOW- Waiting on Wednesday-

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I am a huge lover of Jeri Smith-Ready's series The Shade Series which actually had a couple of novellas too. (Broke my heart reading Shattered!!) Anyway, her next foray into YA is a novel called
This Side of Salvation coming out April 1st from Simon Pulse!

Everyone mourns differently. When his older brother was killed, David got angry. As in, fist-meets-someone-else’s-face furious. But his parents? They got religious. David’s still figuring out his relationship with a higher power, but there’s one thing he does know for sure: The closer he gets to new-girl Bailey, the better, brighter, happier, more he feels.

Then his parents start cutting all their worldly ties in to prepare for the Rush, the divine moment when the faithful will be whisked off to Heaven…and they want David to do the same. David’s torn. There’s a big difference between living in the moment and giving up his best friend, varsity baseball, and Bailey—especially Bailey—in hope of salvation.

But when he comes home late from prom, and late for the Rush, to find that his parents have vanished, David is in more trouble than he ever could have imagined...

Interesting and unique issue to explore I think!
Plus I read the first chapter and loved it!!

But I do have another book to share, one that I haven't seen on heard anything about. I am a lover of all things Mer, and this book has it all. I'll let you read the blurb and you can see for yourself.

Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly due out May 6th. From Disney!

Okay yes, I was initially drawn to the cover, but then the blurb. I'll let you read it. Oh and there will be four books in this series. Promised to be "epic".

The first in a series of four epic tales set in the depths of the ocean, where six mermaids seek to protect and save their hidden world.

Deep in the ocean, in a world not so different from our own, live the merpeople. Their communities are spread throughout the oceans, seas, and freshwaters all over the globe.

When Serafina, a mermaid of the Mediterranean Sea, awakens on the morning of her betrothal, her biggest worry should be winning the love of handsome Prince Mahdi. And yet Sera finds herself haunted by strange dreams that foretell the return of an ancient evil. Her dark premonitions are confirmed when an assassin's arrow poisons Sera's mother. Now, Serafina must embark on a quest to find the assassin's master and prevent a war between the Mer nations. Led only by her shadowy dreams, Sera searches for five other mermaid heroines who are scattered across the six seas. Together, they will form an unbreakable bond of sisterhood and uncover a conspiracy that threatens their world's very existence.

So with Deep Blue, you have six mermaids, all female (!!!) working together to save their world!! Power to the Mermaids! I cannot tell if their will be any romance, but with six females, it's very likely. Though they will be busy. Still I love that it's all girls and no guys. (What is the female equivalent to guy? Anyone? Anyone? I have never figured it out. We should come up with something.)

So I am dying to know what you have on your reading list on your WOW's this week!! 
Show me!!!

Oh, and for those of you following along, my first class starts next week, computer class to catch me up on all the technology that I do not know how to do. Like Power Point and Excel, basically anything in Microsoft Office. It is a requirement to get into school these days. I saw where my rising senior is going to be taking a similar course next year. Maybe I'll finally be more technology advanced than him!! Nowhere to go but up for me!!

Make it a great WEDNESDAY!!


  1. This Side of Salvation seems extremely promising, so I can only hope it delivers. Deep Blue, however, is an odd retreat from Historical Fiction for its author - one I'm not entirely sold on. I'm hoping it's as good as her previous works, but I'm not holding my breath either. Great picks, Heather!(:

  2. Normally any book that focuses on religion is a book I'd steer way clear of, but I'm SUPER curious about what's going on with David's parents and why they vanished. I might just have to pick it up and find out:) And I'm really looking forward to Deep Blue as well, I can't not want a book that has a cover as gorgeous as that one!

  3. I am curious about the Ready book, religious fanatics/weirdos are fascinating. The mermaid book is one I am waiting for reviews. I have had no luck with mermaid books and I just don't seem to enjoy them.

  4. I am looking forward to both as well I hope you get to read it soon!

  5. I like the sound of both... but Deep Blue! FTW! Love mermaids! :)

  6. I preordered This Side of Salvation but Deep Blue sounds good too! Yay for starting class. I need to take some computer classes myself!

  7. I'm a HUGE Jennifer Donnelly fan AND The Little Mermaid was always my fave story as a kid. I will definitely be grabbing Deep Blue. This Side of Salvation has my attention.

  8. I hadn't heard of Deep Blue before. I hope you get to it as soon as it's out so that I can figure out if it's for me or not!


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva