Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Movie Review Briefly

Probably not the best time to go see this movie is the day before your son goes in for surgery, even if it's just for a torn ACL, or so they said. Still, there is a lot of crying and you know....death, loss, almost dying, sickness, the thought of losing your child and what parents must go through.
And yeah, so I am sitting there holding my son's hand through most of the movie trying not to be too loud with my crying- you know how you need to wail but you know you shouldn't? That was me- and I'm thinking "What am I doing here today???". But my son wasn't bothered by it. He was more worried that I wouldn't be able to keep it together long enough to drive us home.

I don't go to a lot of movies. Even less books turned into movies. But other than some things being out of order, I found this one to be done remarkably well and close to the book. I will definitely be buying the soundtrack because the music were a great accent to the feelings being portrayed at the time. It's just an excellent movie, really all around.

And, if you need to clear your emotional trunk, you know the one with all that junk you keep locked away that builds up until it's so full and you're irritable and you just really need to cry but you can't? This movie will give you every reason to cry. It isn't always sad. It isn't always happy. I am such a visual person and seeing Hazel Grace up there feeling like a grenade and seeing Gus up there philosophizing about oblivion made the book come alive for me. If only all book to movie adaptations were done as well as this one.

If you enjoyed the novel, The Fault in Our Stars, you will most likely enjoy the movie as it stays very true to the book. The actors seemed to really understand their parts and their characters and nothing was overdone for the sake of drama. It was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green only on the big screen. Well Done Hollywood!


  1. I saw this one with my mom and she was incredibly emotional throughout. I think as a parent watching this the film makes you appreciate family so much better while reading the book makes you appreciate different aspects of the story. I really enjoyed this movie, though, and I'm so glad they stuck to the source material and really got it right. Lovely review!

  2. I love this review - you nailed it. I waited until last week to watch it. I didn't want to see it in a theater full of people but I didn't want to wait until it came out on Blu-Ray either. It was beautiful and everything that I imagined it would be. I did my fair share of crying. (Really I cried throughout) And if you still haven't bought the soundtrack, get it! I can't listen to it too many times in a row though because it takes me to a sad place (some of the songs do) and I don't want to stay there too long.
    Love this book. Love the movie and the music. So incredible!!

  3. Oh man, yes, it's done so well. I finally saw it last week and it started and I looked at my friend and hissed, "I forgot to wear waterproof mascara" and she laughed at me, then we cried for two hours. Man, I love that movie. But I can imagine how intense it would be to watch it as a parent. My sister refuses to read the book or watch the movie.


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva