Friday, July 4, 2014

Book Fun with Friends!!

So I haven't been hiding under the bedcovers or anything, in fact, I have actually gotten out of the house with other book lovers, .....once.  Just the other night. Here we are in Birkdale, an outdoor shopping center with great restaurants, neat little boutique stores and of course, a bookstore, not indie, but a book store.

From left to right is Lisa of Diznee's World of Books, Heather Anne of Turning Pages, me, and Joli of Actin' Up With Books!  Thanks to Joli, I met Lisa and Heather Anne earlier in the year and was able to meet up with them again when Joli came to town. We had a fabulous dinner at Brixx Pizza and then went on to Barnes and Noble. We had fun there too. Evidence is below!
Book Binge!!!

 Show OFF!!

My Book Friends!!


Okay, so this is really more like the book stacks. My books are somewhere else. Lisa and I both bought The Sound by Sarah Alderson. According to Heather Anne it's really great.  


As we talked about books and were impressed by the YA section of the local Barnes and Noble (I haven't been impressed in the past but it has really stepped up it's game), I think we might have sold some books. I know somebody in our group helped someone find THE MAZE RUNNER for a young boy that wanted to read it. I'm also afraid I heard the parent trying to talk him out of it, but I'm hoping that wasn't what I heard. But yes, we talked books and found out all four of us had already read WE WERE LIARS and loved it.


So, I have to say, it was so much fun to hang out with adults. I don't think I have had a day without kids since school ended. And a girls night? Uh....maybe the last time a friend got married and I was catering it. Does that count? Yeah, no I don't think so. I had such a good time. It kind of filled the well for me. Each of us are very different but love books. It's common ground for all of us, I'm pretty much the grandmother of the group and Heather Anne is the baby. But none of that mattered. As you can see, we had a blast!

Hope you guys are having some book fun somewhere in the world this summer!!
And for the Americans in the group
Happy Fourth of July!!!

5 comments:

  1. That is one epic book haul! thanks for picking up The Sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! That looks like so much fun! I hope that one day we can meet and have some fun! :)

    Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny how books and good company can make everything better. My boyfriend and I went to a bookstore last night and it was fun even though we go all the time. I like seeing what he is wanting to read and he likes to help me decide what to get as well. The only thing that would make it better is if he actually read the same books I did so I could discuss them more. :)
    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun with you girls the other night! I hope we get to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great day. I love the recap. We will definitely do this again!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva