Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Drop Dead Demons - The Divinicus Nex Chronicles Book Two by A&E Kirk

Drop Dead Demons- The Divinicus Nex Chronicles Book Two
By A&E Kirk
Available Now
Kindle/Paperback 598 pages
To Buy- Amazon/ Kindle/ Nook

Goodreads-Survival. It's an on-going battle.

Aurora Lahey finally knows why supernatural slayers salivate to slaughter her, but how to stop them? Not so much. Sure, she's discovered her own lethal powers, and has six sexy, super-charged, demon hunting Hex Boys watching her back--the hottest one watching every part of her. But when a seductive stranger delivers a deadly ultimatum, Aurora and the Hex Boys plunge into a do-or-die hunt for a legendary Mandatum treasure, which will finally shift power in their favor. Or unleash hell on earth.

Pursued by demons of mythical proportions, Aurora and the Hex Boys race deeper into the shadowy world of a centuries-old mystery and brutal conspiracy, where no one and nothing is what it seems. Where love and betrayal go hand-in-hand, and trusting the wrong person not only breaks your heart, but gets you killed.

Uncovering shocking secrets from the Hex Boys' past, hiding her Divinicus Nex identity, lying to her pretend-wish-he-were-real boyfriend, dodging demons, breaking into ancient tombs, taking the unexpected side trip to the dark depths of the Waiting World, tracking a traitor, and passing Physics...Aurora could do that in her sleep. Or more likely, die trying.



This is the second book in the Divinicus Nex series, long awaited, but worth the wait! Don't read this review if you haven't read the first book, it will so spoil the series for you. So, with that out of the way, her we go!

I have to say that in the beginning, the one liners and humor felt a little forced to me. Aurora has a sharp wit and is hiding quite a bit, but it was a little over the top. But only for a little bit. Once the Hex boys started their parts in the story everything settled down and the give and take made the humor feel natural. So, yes, still funny and Aurora is still the same girl, hasn't learned a thing! Still hating Mathias but we do learn a little more about him. In fact, we learn a lot more background about all the guys and their parents. I never thought about where the Hex Boys got their abilities, but we find out about the parents and their abilities as well during the action. Oh, did I say there was a lot of action? There is. A lot of action!

I am not sure if I had any leanings towards one particular Hex Boy in the first book, but in this one, I have to say that Blake is the most surprising. He is quite heroic and despite being girl obsessed, he has some very interesting abilities that make him seem much smarter than he originally came across.The authors have laid out a very intricate story, so many secrets, so many layers. I didn't have a hard time following it though. This novel is full of a lot of background information and it's very well done. So many characters to give stories to and the parents play a bigger role in this second book than in the first. 

As I was reading, I was grinning. I know that Aurora and the guys are usually in a lot of danger, but they are all lying to each other either by omission or outright and then Blake with his blatant flirting, it's really hard not to giggle a little. I was paying attention though. I figured a few things out, you will find yourself using the phrase "plausible deniability" when you're finished with the book. And you'll probably chuckle when you do. 

This sequel was everything I hoped for and more. It was long, not shorting me on story or time with my favorite characters. The ending leaves the story in a good place, but definitely anticipating more.I am already eagerly awaiting the next book in the series (no pressure ladies!!). If you enjoyed the first novel in this series then you need to get this one. And keep believing in A&E Kirk! They deliver what they promise!

I purchased this book for my own reading pleasure.

Find A&E Kirk


  1. I still behind in this series, but I'm glad to see that you enjoyed Book 2 as much or even more. It's rare that the second book is also well liked. I'll will have to get to this one soon.

  2. SWEET! I knew this one would be excellent. I'm happy that there is so much great characterization going on and that there is more parental involvement. I'm hoping to get on the tour for this one. I had so much fun with the last tour.

  3. It feels like ages since I read the first book. I will have to grab the sequel. I am so glad it lived up to expectations. I hardly remember the boys

  4. I skimmed your review since I haven't read the first book but I love when a sequel really lives up to your expectations and manages to astound you so I'll have to check out this series for sure! :)


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva