Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Centennary Edition- Simple History- A Simple Guide to World War I by Daniel Turner

Simple History- A Simple Guide to World War I
The Centenary Edition 1914-2014
by Daniel Turner

Available Now
Paperback 54 pages
MG History

To buy links- Amazon/ Kindle/BN/Indiebound/

Goodreads- Jump into the muddy trenches of the World War I and discover the story of one of the bloodiest wars in history! 


On the way meet the soldiers and leaders of the conflict and explore the exciting weapons, tanks, planes & 
technology of battle. 

Illustrated in the popular minimalist style of today, young reader's imaginations will come to life. 

Simple history gives you the facts in a simple uncomplicated and eye catching way. 

Simple history is part of an ongoing series, what will be the next episode?

REVIEW

This isn't a book I typically read, but it's Middle Grade and the pictures were so tempting I just couldn't resist. As an American, my knowledge of the war- WWI- is limited to a chapter in a book in high school starting with when the USA entered the war. I never really knew why the other countries were fighting or what was going on, I just knew why we entered the war. But this short book gives a brief history of the complete war, starting with alliances and going  all through to the trenches and rats the size of cats to the bloodiest battles and the disgruntled winners. (If there really are winners in a war.) I learned a lot in this short book. It wasn't like reading- more like bullet points with information and pictures to illustrate.

I really recommend this to reluctant readers, to kids as an introduction to history, and to brush up on your history. I enjoyed it so much I think I might check out some of the other ones.

Find out more about Daniel Turner's other books at  www.simplehistory.co.uk 


4 comments:

  1. I could use a refresher! Did you say pictures? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking South Park when I see the cover. Oh I don't think there are reluctant readers around me right now, but good to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to! - Def. checking out these new reads! I'm now following you via gfc, Hope you check out my blog? keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections
    A Thousand Pieces of You Hardcover Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww I think the cover is really cute, and i guess its a good way for kids to learn about the war!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva