Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Golden Son by Pierce Brown (Red Rising Trilogy 2)

Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy 2) by Pierce Brown
Available Now
Random House/Del Rey
Hardcover 464 pages, Ebook 464 pages
YA/NA/Sci-Fi/Fantasy/
Received from publisher through NetGalley
First Book in the series- Red Rising

To buy links- Amazon/Kindle/BN/ Book Depository/ Indiebound/ Kobo
Goodreads- With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones,debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation. Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within. A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Songuarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices.


REVIEW

**************YOU MUST READ RED RISING BEFORE YOU READ GOLDEN SON**********
***************THERE MAY BE SPOILERS FOR RED RISING, BUT NOT GOLDEN SON****

WELL THAT WAS A GORYDAMN GOOD WAY TO SPEND MY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!! Yes, I know how to live it up don't I!!! Tell me you aren't jealous (grin). After finishing GOLDEN SON, I felt like I had partied hard in Times Square. I definitely had a book hangover. Still have it. I cannot stop thinking about this book. So much, so, so much!!! How it only took a year for Pierce Brown to come up with THAT BOOK???

Okay, I'll try to say something coherent. Um...pride goeth before a fall. That is one big theme in this novel. But it isn't boring to see it played out. I'm not sure my adrenaline charged nerves could take much more. Oh and secrets. Yeah, do not tell your secrets to anyone, they will bite you in the backside. Oh, betrayal. Yes, there is a lot of betrayal. It's like the best, juicy, soap opera but with lots of violence and cool machines and weapons. I really don't go in for all the Sci-Fi gadgetry, but this stuff is so awesome. 

This is a series that gets better every time you read it. RED RISING broke my reading slump last year. I didn't have one this year since I started this year with GOLDEN SON! This is the type of book that you want to discuss with other people. You want to jump up and down and just say, "Yes and that part where..." and have someone else nod their head in agreement because they so get it even before you finish saying it. So someone, please tell me you've read this series and let's talk. Because that ending, did he really do that? I read it twice to make sure what happened really did happen. How could Pierce Brown do that? How? And then we have to wait another year? But oh, it was oh so sweet to have that ending. I mean, did I want that to happen? No, but the way Pierce Brown weaves his story back and forth in and out and through again. To lead to that ending. I can only end with, can I have the next one please?


Thanks to the publishers at Random House for an e-arc of this novel that I received through NetGalley. I received no compensation for this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Find Pierce Brown On the Web here- BLOG~ FACEBOOK~  TWITTERINSTAGRAM

13 comments:

  1. book hangover? awesome!! sounds like you had a great new year's eve to me :) hope you are doing great, heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did,lol! Doing good.. Hope you are too!!! Going into a deep freeze tonight, I think!!

      Delete
  2. I really really need to read this series. I am going to take heed of the glowing reviews and get both books ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I think you'll enjoy them!! It's such a rush reading books that take you on such a wild adventure!

      Delete
  3. I've been debating on whether or not to order this for my high school library. I definitely know there will be kids who are interested in it and always have some who want another dystopian read. I'm just not sure how much adult content is in this. I know a lot of readers mentioned a lot of rape scenes and adult situations. What you do think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Rising definitely had a lot of adult content in it. I don't think it was billed as YA. Red Rising had a lot more on the page violence, explicit sexual scenes including rape on the page on the whole. There is some violence against children in Golden Son, but it's off the page. I don't know what you're allowed to put on the shelves in high school Rummanah. I know it depends on what part of the country you live in a lot of the time. But even if you can't buy it for the school, the kids that want to read it will find a way to read it.

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited to read this! The fact that Golden Son is even better than Red Rising and builds upon the incredible world built in the first novel is incredible. It's so rare to find such a fantastic second book and I plan to devour it. Wonderful review!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you love it too!! I am so excited about this series!!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Red Rising, so I skipped to the WOW. I have heard SO MANY GOOD THINGS about the first book so I just bought it today. I have it on kindle and audio so I'm hoping that means I'll squeeze it in soon. The author is signing here tomorrow but I doubt I'll be able to make it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, too bad! He seems like a likable guy. He sure can write!!! I hope you enjoy Red Rising. Let me know how it is on audio. There are a lot of characters so I'm really interested to know know how it is.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to start this series. I was hoping to get it on audio but my library is lagging and didn't get it in that format. I might have to borrow the book instead. :) At least I know they have this one on order so I can get this one as well when it is available. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's so, so good! It will definitely take over your mind for a while!!

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I tried Red Rising but I actually DNF'ed, I'm actually to check it out again seeing everyone's positive reviews :) Love yours though xBenish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva