Sunday, January 24, 2016

Old Posts Showing up in your Email?


 

So, that is the backyard, my lab LOVES the snow! And that's the view from the front porch. In North Carolina, snow events are kind of like preparing for hurricanes in Florida, everyone buys out the grocery store. It's serious to me because even though I lived in New England for two years with a couple of feet of snow on the ground from December to late April, I still don't know how to drive in it. Plus, we don't get snow that often so our neighborhood won't get treated for ice for a couple of days. We just don't have the resources or equipment that they have in the other states that are used to the snow. So yes, it's just a little bit of snow, a laughable amount compared to New England, but we really do have to shut down when we get snow and ice. The highway gets treated but with limited trucks and treatments, we do the best we can. I'm so lucky that my house is warm and dry and husband knows what to do with the plumbing to keep it from freezing. We have plenty of food and I found that wearing a hat inside keeps me warm. So if you have trouble staying warm inside you might want to give that a try. I'm not winning any beauty contests, but I'm warm!

Speaking of maintaining things, my email subscription seems to have a problem, or is that just me? I got a post from October today. What about you? Does anyone even subscribe to me by email? I don't blog for stats (obviously) or I would have really had a breakdown last year. But I don't want to clog up your email with old posts you've already received. I'm doing some cleanup on my blog but I'm finding Google is difficult to work with when doing that. I'm not sure how to fix the email problem but would someone let me know if you're receiving old posts? If so, I'll search for a way to fix the problem.

I hope you are all warm, safe and have plenty of books to read!

Look in the mirror and tell yourself how great you are! Then believe it!!


2 comments:

  1. We don't get snow often here in Oregon either, but when we do, it shuts down the city because of the hills and ice and we don't have the resources either. I grew up in Idaho so I know all about snowstorms. One or two snow days a year is always fun. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva