Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WOW- Waiting on Wednesday

I haven't done one of these in ages. I don't even remember where to find the person that I link up with but that's what old posts are for, right? Jill at Breaking The Spine hosts this meme if you'd like to link up. I would love for you to share what you are patiently waiting to read. There are a few I've given up waiting for like I've been waiting three years for Maggie Stiefvater to write Requiem. I'll just make my ending to that story. Or maybe I'll take up fan fiction!! Maybe there already is fan fiction for it. I'll have to check that out. But I've gone off on a tangent. So here is one that I do trust will be written and done very well and there will be closure.

Strange the DreamerLast week we announced Laini Taylor, author of the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy, as this month’s NOVLbox curator (if you haven’t entered the giveaway, you can do so here) and teased that we would be sharing news about her new book. You may remember hearing about The Muse of Nightmares back in May—and friends, we have an update. The book is now two books, a duology! The first will be titled Strange the Dreamer and the second book in the series will be The Muse of Nightmares. So why two books instead of one? And why title the first one Strange the Dreamer instead of The Muse of Nightmares? Laini has the answers to all our questions. Take it away Laini!Laini says…From its inception, this story has had co-main characters, and the title “the Muse of Nightmares” describes one of the two—the one I was most focused on at the outset, who I believed to be the more fascinating, and who I thought would carry the story. But stories can be unruly things. Characters can surprise you, and the other character quite spectacularly did: taking over the beginning of the book and sweeping me off my feet. His name is Lazlo Strange, and he’s a junior librarian at the world’s greatest library. One of the first things that made me fall in love with him was when it came out that his nose had been broken by a falling volume of fairy tales. It was this tiny thing that came from of my fingertips one day (sometimes the words seem just to appear in the space between your fingertips and the keyboard), and suddenly…I had him: “Strange the Dreamer,” so-called by his colleagues, and not always kindly.Initially I titled a chapter “Strange the Dreamer,” and I hadn’t looked at it more than a couple of times before it struck me that I loved the sound of it beyond reason and that was my book title. I only hoped my editor and publishers would agree, and I was so, so pleased that they did! And because it will be followed by its sequel, The Muse of Nightmares, I didn’t have to sacrifice that title, which I also love. I can’t tell you how eager I am for readers to meet these two characters, and all the others who people this peculiar new world I’m building. I hope you will love them as much as I do!Thanks, Laini! We love the new title and we’re glad to hear that the other will be sticking around. And thank you for telling us a little more about this new character! We like Lazlo already. Above all, we’re psyched that we’ll be getting TWO books in this new magical world that you created. Strange the Dreamer will be released on September 27, 2016, and it is the story of: the aftermath of a war between gods and men.a mysterious city stripped of its name.a mythic hero with blood on his hands.a young librarian with a singular dream.a girl every bit as perilous as she is imperiled.alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage.Welcome to Weep.


I am so sorry it doesn't have a gorgeous cover but it will, I am quite sure. Anyway, here's what I found on NOVL about the series (yay)!

Strange the Dreamer

Last week we announced Laini Taylor, author of the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy, as this month’s NOVLbox curator (if you haven’t entered the giveaway, you can do so here) and teased that we would be sharing news about her new book. 
You may remember hearing about The Muse of Nightmares back in May—and friends, we have an update. The book is now two books, a duology! The first will be titled Strange the Dreamer and the second book in the series will be The Muse of Nightmares. So why two books instead of one? And why title the first one Strange the Dreamer instead of The Muse of Nightmares? Laini has the answers to all our questions. Take it away Laini!

Laini says…

From its inception, this story has had co-main characters, and the title “the Muse of Nightmares” describes one of the two—the one I was most focused on at the outset, who I believed to be the more fascinating, and who I thought would carry the story. But stories can be unruly things. Characters can surprise you, and the other character quite spectacularly did: taking over the beginning of the book and sweeping me off my feet.
His name is Lazlo Strange, and he’s a junior librarian at the world’s greatest library. One of the first things that made me fall in love with him was when it came out that his nose had been broken by a falling volume of fairy tales. It was this tiny thing that came from of my fingertips one day (sometimes the words seem just to appear in the space between your fingertips and the keyboard), and suddenly…I had him: “Strange the Dreamer,” so-called by his colleagues, and not always kindly.
Initially I titled a chapter “Strange the Dreamer,” and I hadn’t looked at it more than a couple of times before it struck me that I loved the sound of it beyond reason and thatwas my book title. I only hoped my editor and publishers would agree, and I was so, so pleased that they did! And because it will be followed by its sequel, The Muse of Nightmares, I didn’t have to sacrifice that title, which I also love.
I can’t tell you how eager I am for readers to meet these two characters, and all the others who people this peculiar new world I’m building. I hope you will love them as much as I do!
Thanks, Laini! We love the new title and we’re glad to hear that the other will be sticking around. And thank you for telling us a little more about this new character! We like Lazlo already. Above all, we’re psyched that we’ll be getting TWO books in this new magical world that you created. 
Strange the Dreamer will be released on September 27, 2016, and it is the story of: 
  • the aftermath of a war between gods and men.
  • a mysterious city stripped of its name.
  • a mythic hero with blood on his hands.
  • a young librarian with a singular dream.
  • a girl every bit as perilous as she is imperiled.
  • alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage.
Welcome to Weep.

This is one that I am really looking forward to reading, but you know what, I have the second and third books to read in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series to read. Why haven't I finished it? I loved The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I think before I read it, I'd never read a fantasy novel that was that beautifully written, that intricate, that emotional.  I don't believe there are many story tellers that can bring a story to life on the page like Laini Taylor can. Beautiful imagery, aching with emotion, poetic prose, and I don't want to ruin that first beautiful book. I was a virgin to that type of beauty in writing before I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I'm afraid for the series to end. But now that there is a book on the way, well I believe I can read the series. I have it on audio too. Anyone listen to it on audio??

Hope your Wednesday is filled with wonder!
Love and Peace!

8 comments:

  1. YES! I'm SO excited to read this book! Laini is such a talented writer. I'm definitely going to put this on my auto-purchase order when it comes closer to the date. I've read book 1 and book 2 of Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I haven't had time to fit in book 3 yet. I definitely want to reread the first two books because it has been a while. As for the audio, I hear that they are great but haven't listened to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa and Books and Things recommends the audio so either book or audio (I have both) I'm set. I think you're right though, I should reread the first book. It was so astoundingly beautiful I can still picture so much of it in my head, but I still want to reread it. It was a gorgeous find for me. One of those rare books, you know?

      Delete
  2. YEAH! I have been waiting for her next book. I was stalking her website recently and didn't see anything on the horizon. So happy to hear this is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I found this, I think through the TOR website. They have some big name fantasy writers with Jay Kristoff, well, that's the only other one I can think of off the top of my head, lol. Anyway, I can't wait to see the cover. Jay's new cover is gorgeous!! Nevernight, it's called. Gorgeous. I think Laini's husband does a lot of her artwork but I don't know if he does her covers or not.

      Delete
  3. Yep, anything by this author I want to read. I still need to read some of her older books (well, older than Smoke and Bone). I listened to the last one on audio and I enjoyed it. Really loved how the narrator did the accents. I hope you enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Good! I'm so glad the audio is good because I'm cleaning out the attic and the crafts armoire and I need something to keep me occupied. I'm glad it's good on audio! Thank you for telling me!! I'll get started on those right away!!

      Delete
  4. I looove Laini Taylor's novels and am SO EXCITED for this to release! Fantastic pick, dear, and thanks for posting that blurb by Laini--I totally missed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove her too!! I read her blog posts. Her to do lists. Just about anything she writes. She is absolutely fascinating to me and that pink, pink, pinkalicious hair! I so have to meet her one day, preferably while she's touring Castles in France with Clementine!!

      Delete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva