Monday, February 8, 2016

Had a little surgery...

So, Friday, I had some skin cancer surgery. I opted to go to the hospital because it was on my nose. One place had already been operated on twice before and the other was very thin. And shots in the nose, they hurt! Ummm, as you can see by the picture I am so damn glad I opted for the hospital. It was a little more invasive than originally expected. 

So, two things....WEAR SUNSCREEN. WEAR IT EVERY DAY. WINTER. SPRING. SUMMER. FALL. CLOUDY. RAINY. SUNNY. PARTIALLY SUNNY. PALE IS THE NEW TAN.

And second, I'm out of commission for a week or so. I can't read or comment. I can't blog. I'm doing this with one eye closed. I just didn't want you to think I was disappearing again like last year. This is a minor setback. When I can, I'll be back. Hopefully no longer than a week or so.

And, in case you're worried, my skin cancer, all ten surgeries I've had have all been benign, called basal cell carcinoma. But they are still serious. It's a painful surgery and I'm so damn tired of them. But it's my fault for baking in the sun without sunscreen, all those sunburns when I was young.

So, please, redheads and blondes with light eyes especially, but everyone wear your sunblock or at least sunscreen. Reapply. Stay out of the sun between 10 and 4. Wear a hat and a scarf. Don't tan at a tanning salon! Pale really is the new tan. It will keep you looking younger. 

I've never looked in the mirror and thought I was beautiful, but with each new surgery, I get a new scar. And my surgeries aren't over. There are more to come. I dread them. But I don't have the deadliest form of the disease, melanoma. That's what I say, every time I get a new biopsy result.

Protect yourself. I hope you don't ever have to get this kind of surgery. I hope you take this seriously. I will be fine in a few days. One more scar but I'm a survivor. Take it from me, those tans weren't worth it. Save your skin.

Take good care of yourselves!!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes. I am glad that it went well and that you are on the mend. I have always had very fair skin and I burn easily. I always wear sunscreen when I am out in the sun, and my makeup foundation has SPF 25 in it so my face is always protected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((HUGS)) When you feel better and see this ... know that I am thinking of you! I'm also glad you are going to be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a speedy recover, Heather!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva